Living cost increase
The Department has released the January 2918 Student Visa Digest. The cost of annual living amounts will increase on 1 February 2018. Every application made where evidence of funds is required, should include updated cost of living amounts in the calculations of funds, from this date. The new annual living amounts are:
- Student or guardian AUD $20,290
- Partner or spouse: AUD $7,100
- Child: AUD $3,040
Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) statements
Applicants are advised the sufficient information and supporting documentation must be attached with GTE statements. The statement must reflect the student’s circumstances, generic statements will not be weighed heavily in the GTE assessment.
The statement should:
- explain gaps in study or employment
- address the reasons the student is studying in a field unrelated to their previous study or employment, where relevant
- explain how completing the study will help them fulfil their future plans.
The Department has also warned that there is no requirement to request further information before the case is decided. As with other visa classes, applicants should upload complete applications, including:
- evidence of financial capacity
- evidence of genuine access to the funds
- evidence of English language proficiency or exemption.
Read More >> Student Visa (Subclass 500)
Source: MIA Notice No. 3 - 5 January 2018