The quality of teaching is considered to be one of the most important inputs in an education production function. Germany is well-known for its highly competitive education system and well recognized academic degrees provided by the institutions. If economic, education and life-expectancy data are being considered, no other country is as better as Germany. The development of automobile industry with the help of technological advancement entice the tourists who always have been fascinated by the Germany’s economic growth. Multiculturalism in Germany makes people with diverse cultural background to maintain their distinct identity along with different customs and traditions. Currently 423 German universities are engaged in providing the higher education to their international students in terms of learning and research.
In 2014, approximately 301,350 international students were enrolled in the education programs in Germany, from which 95.5% were admitted in public universities and rest of them were in private universities. Public universities are free of cost which means there is no tuition fees to pursue higher education. On the other hand, Private universities are quite bit expensive as students have to pay tuition fees to study. The number of public universities in Germany are more compared to the private universities.
Why Study in Germany:
- In the academic year of 2015-2016, twenty German universities are ranked among the world’s 200 top ranked universities.
- No or sometimes very low tuition fees.
- After graduation, students can stay 18 months extra which is also called job searching period that corresponds to your qualifications.
- Students are permitted to work up to 20 hours a week when course is in session and unlimited work hours during holiday. Generally international students who come from counties outside the EU can work 120 full or 240 half days without any approval from authority.
- Affordable living expense.
English Language Requirement:
The course structures are designed in a way that help to develop in-depth knowledge and practical implementation of the study. The courses are taught both in English and German language. To be qualified to apply for German universities, the evidence of English language proficiency is a must. Both TOEFL & IELTS are accepted. Some universities require GMAT to apply for particular subject criteria.
|Bachelors||6 (overall) with no band less than 5.5|
|Masters||6.5 (overall) with no band less than 6|
German universities offer Bachelors, Master’s & Doctorates program to the both local and international students. To get admitted in Bachelor program, the evidence of German language proficiency is mandatory. On the other hand to be qualified for Master’s Program, German language is not required at all.
Required documents are provided in our e-brochure. [Links]
Undergraduate study: 6 semester [3 years/ 2 semester per year]
Postgraduate study: 4 semester [2 years/ 2 semester per year]
Class of winter semester generally starts from October and ends in March whereas summer semester classes generally starts from April and ends in September.
International students are supposed to pay semester fee which cost approximately €100 to €300. For the purpose of living, students need to have approximately €800 per month on hand. But most of the time, it depends on the city where the student wishes to stay.
- After receiving the offer letter from the esteem German university, students are supposed to open a block account in a German bank where they have to deposit 8040 euro to prove their capability to survive over there in Germany.
- A fixed amount of embassy fee is charged upon the students before the day of appointment. The embassy cost is around 12000 BDT.
- Students need to have health insurance in order to enroll at a university. Health insurance cost is near about 10000 BDT.
German universities accept those applications that are sent via Uni-assit. Most of the universities are listed under uni-assist. It works as an intermediary through which one can apply to their desired program to those universities. The key task of uni-assist is to evaluate the academic certificates of international students to examine whether those academic credentials are equivalent to German school/ university degrees. After assessing the application, if all the documents match with the required criteria then uni-assist forwards those applications electronically to the university. In between a fixed amount of fee is charged by uni-assist. Fee charged for the first university is € 75 and for each additional document to a further university in the same semester € 15 is charged.