Why study in Hungary?
- The living cost and tuition fees are comparatively lower than other EU countries
- As Lithuania is listed as a Schengen Country, student can move to other Schengen country without getting involved to the visa procedures.
- Minimum or no IELTS is required.
- Study gap (max 5 to 6 years) is acceptable.
- The state is relatively safe country with a low rate of violent crime
Required Documents for Hungary student visa:
- A passport with minimum 6 months validity
- All academic certificates [notarized]
- The evidence of English language proficiency [depends on the universities requirement]
- Completed and signed visa application form.
- Birth certificate
- Sponsor’s Bank statement last three month duly signed and stamped by an authorized person of the bank
- Letter of acceptance from university.
- Passport size photograph
- Work experience [if required by university]
- Proof of sponsor’s relationship with student.
- Guarantor’s financial support declaration letter
- Sponsor’s income tax payment papers of last to assessment year
- Proof of registration [two semesters tuition fees are payable to lodge the visa]
- Proof of health insurance
- proof of prearranged accommodation
- Airplane ticket booking.
There are usually two intakes in a year. The major intake for Hungary primarily is in February and the other intake is in the month of September.
English language proficiency:
|Study Program||IELTS (minimum)|
Undergraduate study: 6 semester [3 years/2 semester per year]
Postgraduate study: 4 semester [2 years/ 2 semester per year]
Residence permit for the purpose of study:
Someone holding more than 90 days visa may need to have resident permit in order to stay over there in Hungary. This enables students to travel freely all continental European countries excluding Romania, Bulgaria, Croatia, and British Islands etc. Student may either apply for D type visa in which he/she gets a preapproved residence permit before traveling Hungary and receives the permit after arrival or he/she may apply for residence permit within 15days of arrival I Hungary and he/she must have residence permit within 30 days of the arrival in Hungary. If the application is submitted in Hungary, around HUF 18000 will be charged as an administrative procedure fee. Residence permit provided by Hungarian Immigration Office is valid for 1 year. 30 days before the expiry of residence permit, around HUF 10000 is payable by the student for further extension.
The cost of living is comparatively lower than other EU countries. It may cost 500 to 550 euro per month in order to stay any other provinces in Hungary.
Tuition fees may vary depending on the category of university, study level and course structure. The cost of studying preparatory or foundation courses in Hungary ranges from 1900 to 3800 euro and the duration of these courses are 3 to 6 months. On the other hand, to get enrolled in undergraduate degrees, students have to spend approximately 2200 to 3,000 euro per semester. A Postgraduate Master’s Degree has an approximate cost of 3300 to 4500 euro per semester. Additional registration and application fees are being charged along with the tuition fees and each of fee ranges from 40 to 700 euro.
Minimum 3 months bank balance of around 6500 euro needs to be shown which covers student’s accommodation support of one year after paying two semester tuition fees.
Visa fee €60 is charged for applicant applying for Hungary student visa. Applicants from Bangladesh are supposed to lodge a visa file from the Hungary embassy located in India. VFS global service charge is Rs 1503.