In the current circumstances, with the highly diversified economic system and harmonious living environment, Malaysia has been acknowledged internationally for its tremendous progress over the past decades. Without relinquishing the efficacy of traditional learning approaches, the universities in Malaysia hold the high academic standards that are recognized in other renowned universities including UK, USA and Australia. According to the QS Higher Education system Strength 2016, Malaysia has ranked 27th position. There are approximately 20 public university, 37 private university and 7 foreign universities residing in Malaysia. Currently there are 100,000 international students are enrolled in the education programs.
Why study in Malaysia:
- No IELTS is required except some universities.
- Foreign universities have their branch campuses in Malaysia which enable students to pursue foreign academic degree from highly recognized university in a comparatively lower cost.
- Students do not need to show any bank balance to study which means no sponsor is required.
- Students are permitted to work maximum 20 hours per week
- Study gap (up to 8 years) is acceptable.
- Credit transfer is applicable to Australia or other different countries
The major intakes are in February, July and sometimes in November. The academic intakes may vary based on course structure. Minor intakes are held throughout the year.
Tuition fees & Course Duration:
|Study Programs||Duration||Tuition fees/ Per year|
|Undergraduate||3 to 4 years||$13,000 - $32,000|
|Postgraduate||1 to 2 years||$2,000 - $ 10,000|
Tuition fees and time duration may vary depending on the category of university, study level and course structure. The cost of study related to medicine and pharmacy is more expensive than other field of study.
English language proficiency:
IELTS is not required in most of the universities. One can apply for Malaysia student visa with having the IELTS score of 5.
- A –Z photocopy of a valid passport (valid 6 months after your course completion date)
- A valid passport
- All academic certificates
- Evidence of English language proficiency
- Statement of purpose
- Two recommendation letter
- Updated resume
Study visa requirements:
- A valid passport
- Student pass application form
- Offer letter
- Four passport size photographs
- Money receipt of EMGS fee
- Letter of approval
- Health insurance
- Medical certificate
- Personal Bond document that has been issued by Education provider.
- A proof of financial capability to meet the tuition fee and living expense
The average living cost per year ranges from RM 12000 to RM 18000 which is equivalent to $3750 to $5625.
EMGS/ Student Pass:
Once an offer letter is issued by the host institution, student needs to apply for student pass to obtain student visa. A fixed amount of charge is applicable for the purpose of student pass. Once the student pass is issued, the student can apply for Malaysia student visa. Before getting the approval, they will verify whether students have sufficient funds to support himself and the tuition fees. The cost of student pass is around $18.
Around $30 is charged as a visa application fee and $221 as a security & personal bond for international students who want to pursue higher study in Malaysia.
Services we provide:
In processing the student visa file, the foremost task of edu-care is to search the education provider existing in Malaysia that offers the particular field of study according to the student’s preferences. After that we start to scrutinize the eligibility of student as per the requirement of the esteem institution. We will apply in three to four universities to get the letter of acceptance. Once we get the admission letter, we provide further guidelines regarding the requirement of each and every step until you get the visa. Pre-departure counseling is also provided by us.