Why study in UK:
- International students holding student visa longer than six months are allowed to work 20 hours per week.
- The institutions placed in England, rank among the best in the world.
- Majority of the UK universities charge low tuition fees (maximum £9000 per year) compared to other countries.
Documents to be needed:
- a photocopy of valid passport
- Completed application form
- All academic certificates
- Evidence of English language proficiency
- Statement of purpose
- Two reference letter
- Work Experience [for study gap]
Study visa requirements:
- A valid passport
- Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS)
- Statement of purpose
- Passport size photographs
- The course must be full time and must comply the minimum course load of 15 hours per week.
- Health surcharge document
- Medical certificate
- A proof of sufficient bank balance that cover one year tuition fee as well as the living expense if anyone wants to apply via the approval in principle option. The evidence of sufficient fund that cover the minimum living expense of £11385 must be shown.
- Police clearance certificate
- Proof of sponsor’s relationship with student and other essential documents related to sponsor’s bank statement.
- tuberculosis test results
English language proficiency:
The minimum threshold to apply for UK study visa is 5.5 with each band not less than 5. This is the minimum requirement to enter into UK under student visa. But most of the university require 6 or 6.5 in order to apply for undergraduate or post graduate studies.
|Foundation/Diploma||5.5 to 6|
|Undergraduate study||6.0 to 6.5|
|Post-graduate study||6.5 to 7.0|
Students are entitled to apply in September session which is the major intake of studying in UK. Another intake is on January which is offered by some of the universities in UK.
The applicant must gain 40 points in order to be qualify under UK student visa.
The breakdown of above mentioned points are to be done by taking into account of two following criteria:
Out of 40 points, 30 points can easily be obtained once the education provider personalizes the offer letter to the applicant by considering the academic credentials, English language test certificates and other key entry requirements.
The rest 10 points can be obtained by showing the evidence of sufficient funds that cover both tuition fees and one year living expense.
Around £328 is charged as a visa application fee. Applicant must pay £328 per person for any dependent. Applicant residing in the UK, can apply by post for £439 or in person for £839.
|Living cost of London (Per month)||£1,265|
|Living cost outside London (Per month)||£1,015|
The tuition fee of most of the universities ranges from £8000 to £38000 per year. On average tuition fee per year is £12000.
Minimum one year tuition fee along with minimum nine months living cost (£11385 for London/£9135 for outside London) must be shown as a proof of fund at the time of visa lodgement.