Why study in USA

  • Due to excellent academic qualification, eleven universities in USA have ranked in the world’s top twenty universities according to QS ranking 2016-17.
  • Students with F1-visa are allowed to work for up to 20 hours a week when course is in session and unlimited work hours during semester break.
  • Approximately 4500 universities in USA offer wide variety of courses in both undergraduate and postgraduate level.

Visa Categories:

USA student visa holds three types of visa.

F1-Visa For non-immigrant individual who wants to get enrolled into full-time academic study to an accredited institutions. Individual applying for F1-Visa has to submit SEVIS generated Form I-20 prior to applying for student visa which will be issued by university.
M1-Visa For non-immigrant individual who wants to get enrolled into full-time vocational and other recognized non-academic institutions.
J1-Visa For non-immigrant individual who intends to study short course with a duration of at most 12 months.


Work permit:

On the continuation of coursework, students are allowed to work 20 hours per week and 40 hours per week during summer. During the first year of study, students may only work on-campus job. Students holding F-1 visa may start working 30 days before the commencement of intended study program. After one year of study students are allowed to seek off-campus employment.

Admission requirements:

  • a photocopy of valid passport (valid 12 months after your course completion date)
  • Completed application form
  • All academic certificates
  • Evidence  of English language proficiency
  • Statement of purpose
  • Two recommendation letter
  • Work Experience [for study gap]

Required Documentation:

  • Passport
  • Academic certificates
  • English language proficiency test
  • Non-Immigrant visa application
  • Evidence of SEVIS fee payment
  • MRV fee payment
  • Form I-20
  • Form DS-160
  • Form DS-7002 (For J1 Trainee and intern visa applicants)
  • Photographs
  • Financial support evidence
  • Proof of sponsor’s relationship with student and other essential documents related to sponsor’s bank statement.
  • Medical certificate

I-901 SEVIS Fee:

The payment of SEVIS (Student and Exchange Visitor Information System) is mandatory for all prospective F and M visa students. Students need to show the evidence in the form of payment receipt before they apply for visa. The derivative applicant (spouse or any other dependent) of F-1, M-1 or J-1 visa applicant for whom F-2, M-2 or J-2 visa is applicable, does not need to pay the SEVIS Fee.


Semester Duration
Spring Jan-May
Summer May-July
Fall Aug-Dec


Language Proficiency:

The requirement of English language proficiency may vary according to the types of course.

Undergraduate/Post-graduate 6.5 or above 85-88 500-650 280-310


Tuition fee:

Undergraduate course fee: $15000- $30000

Postgraduate course fee: $10000-$40000

Cost of Living:

The average living cost per year ranges from $8000 to $12000.